Many would say that it is best to have an old clock appraised by a licensed clock appraiser to easily determine its real worth. True enough, seeking the services of professional antique clock appraisers can help you come up with the best selling price for your valued timepiece. In that regard, it is critical that you find an appraiser that will be able to provide you with an honest, unbiased, and expert opinion on the real value of your old clock. People who are having doubts about the worth of their antique clocks must definitely see a reputable appraiser. It is best that you ask for an appraisal document since it can serve as a proof to convince prospect buyers that you are selling valuable and genuine antique clocks.
If you have decided to hire the services of a clock appraiser, it is a must that you do a thorough background check to establish their reputation and credibility. It is a good idea to ask for the appraisers’ credentials to know if they are indeed qualified for the job. You should also ask the appraisers the following questions to help you make the right decision.
- Are they a member of any professional organization?
- Have they acquired a formal education on clock appraisal methodologies?
- Do they specialize in a particular type of clock antiquities (i.e. antique grandfather clock, antique mantle clock, antique wall clock)?
- What formal appraisal training have they participated in?
- Did they receive any forms of accreditations from well-known clock appraisal organizations?
- Were they certified to perform clock appraisals?
- What are the methods they use to estimate or determine the value of an old clock?
- Do they have license to operate?
- How long have they been practicing the profession?
Whether you are planning to sell antique wall clocks or antique bracket clocks, it is essential that you note the preceding questions to help you find a reputable and credible appraiser of antique clocks.